Monday, May 27, 2013

Arrival in Quebec

Arrival
Arrival in Quebec
The first time I came to Canada I forgot my passport. The border security guard was a bearded old man that did not want to hear my excuses. I had rode on my bicycle with two of my friends from high school, and I was not about to go back.  I told him quite seriously that if he did not let me in, then I would consider swimming the Niagra River. He gave me one of those long hard stares, shook his head and got up out of his chair. I did not know whether I was going to be arrested or thrown out. He looked at me sternly and said. “I will let you in, but I can’t guarantee that you will ever get back out.” I remember riding along the Niagara thinking, I could swim that. Then I saw the falls and changed my mind.

Fortunately, we did not have this experience at the border but if we did it would have been worth the risk. We had an excellent first day of our trip. We arrived by 7 PM. We had food before 8, and were back in our rooms by 9 PM. I love it when a plan comes together. No worries. We are doing great! Please enjoy this brief video.

We would love to have students interact with us on our BLOG.

http://locker.palcs.org/~pparris/Quebec/2013%20Quebec/arrival.wmv

The 2013 Quebec Team

No comments: